Tuesday 11 September 2018

A Poem by Maya

"Walkies!"...I call in my highest pitched voice
and his legs go all silly like they haven't a choice
and his tail waggles madly as he scoots across the floor,
winding around like a rudder til we are steered out the door.

Then the cool morning air hits his nose and without a sound,
he vacuums it up as he sniffs all around
and he just can't decide on the best way to go.
So I have to say "Here boy!" to show that I know
and sometimes he runs off to hunt down a scent 
and I huff and I puff just to see where he went.

And I have to be quick because I know he has forgotten
that Mum doesn't like it when he rolls in things rotten!
Then when we get home I collapse on the chair
and he gives me those eyes like to say it's not fair
and I tell him that walks cannot go on for ever
and I know that he knows because he's terribly clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment