Wednesday 24 May 2017

Cheese Taste Testing for our Inquiry

Today at Inquiry time we discussed how cheese is made. We made cottage cheese (paneer, curd) at Garden to Table on Tuesday, and shared our thoughts on how this process is similar to making normal cheese. This video helped us learn how cheese is made and matured in a factory.

Take a look at our taste testing session below! A selection from our panel of voters commented on the varieties of cheese after we had tried them all:


    Peppered Havarti
13 Votes
·      Taylah – “Well, I liked it cause it was spicy. I like hot stuff”
·      Lucas – “I liked it because it tasted really spicy”
·      Ezra – “The cheese tasted quite gooey, and I liked that”
·      Ashton – “I like it because it was spicy, and I liked the cheese”

  Chilli Gouda
4 Votes
·      Emily – “I quite liked it because it was a dry texture”
·      Noah – “I liked that it wasn’t too hot. It was chilly flavoured”
·      Elsie – “I liked it because it wasn’t too spicy, but it wasn’t plain”

   Woodsmoked-flavoured cheddar
31 Votes
·      Arya – “I liked the flavour of it”
·      Skyla – “I liked it because it didn’t actually taste that plain, like a normal cheese”.

·      Matilda – “I liked it because I thought I had tasted it before”.

Thanks to Barrys Bay cheese for providing the cheese for tasting!



No comments:

Post a Comment